Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Intermediate
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-11-26
Come and join our dynamic team of highly skilled, passionate, creative professionals who together are advancing rare cell diagnostics and making precision medicine a reality. ANGLE Biosciences is conveniently located near Pearson International Airport with access to some of Canada’s best academic and health researchers in the Greater Toronto Area. We utilize the innovative value of the diverse and talented culture of this region to continually enhance the R&D and diagnostic expertise of our company. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a challenging and stimulating workplace environment.
We are currently hiring a Product Engineering Associate to participate in the development, engineering, design, testing, installation and internal and external service support of ANGLE Bioscience instrumentation platforms. You will also work in the field supporting customer and clinical trial installations which will involve travel to customer sites. In compliance with appropriate quality regulations, you will assist in the design and assembly of prototype instruments and test fixtures. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be able to independently troubleshoot instrument/product issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, source, assemble and modify test jigs and prototype equipment for internal hardware development programs
- Provide design, functionality and cost input as part of the engineering and development team
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance requirements
- Conduct experiments and tests required for development of new instrumentation
- Maintain and support compliance with the quality management system
- Remain technically competent and current in the new developments within the industry
- Assume responsibility for the installation, service and support of ANGLE and laboratory instrumentation at customer as well as internal installations
- Assist and support customers with training, preventative maintenance, qualification, validations and service support
- Coordinate pre-implementation meetings with new accounts, performing site survey and work flow analysis at customer sites as required
- Participate in identifying customer needs, documenting customer inquiries, technical requirements, and user cases
- Maintain service and parts inventory along with repair facility
- Work closely with Business Development and Sales to provide quality customer care
- Communicate proactively across the global business as a customer advocate to resolve technical issues and inform continuous improvement
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) primarily throughout North America and occasionally Europe or Asia
- *MUST be able to work out of the Toronto office. This is NOT a virtual/home office-based position
Required Knowledge and Education:
- Degree or certification in electrical and mechanical Engineering, preferable with a biomedical engineering focus
- 2-5 years’ experience in service or design of analytical or diagnostic instrumentation
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Ideally basic science education or experience, particularly in molecular or cell biology, and a willingness to learn
- Excellent project management skills
Required Skills and Core Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task in a time efficient manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Highly Desirable Experience
- Experience working with SolidWorks or other CAD programs
- Experience with electronic circuits
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to jobsABI@angleplc.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
- Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter.
- Please reference in the subject line the role: “Product Engineering Associate”.
- All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest but, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please NO recruiters.
- At Angle Biosciences we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
- Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.