Position Role: Finance
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-04-30
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries. Blended finance uses catalytic capital from public or philanthropic sources to increase private sector investment in emerging markets for global development impact. Convergence intends to play an important role in driving investment to close the estimated $2.5 trillion gap in funding per year for the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Convergence has three main components:
- Membership Content: Original knowledge products such as case studies, data on deals, reports, training, and webinars.
- Market Acceleration: Convergence offers grant funding for the design of new vehicles that attract private capital to global development at scale.
- Transactions: A curated, online platform for members to connect with each other on live blended finance transactions.
Convergence was launched in January 2016 and is headquartered in Toronto. The Program Associate will be primarily focused on supporting Convergence’s Design Funding program which offers grant funding for organizations to design innovative vehicles that would otherwise be too risky or complex to pursue. The Program Associate will support with the research, analysis, and due diligence of new grant applications, and closely monitor the existing grant portfolio. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in learning more about the development finance landscape.
The Program Associate will be based in Toronto working closely with the Design Funding team. Key responsibilities include:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis to support the due diligence of new grant applications (e.g., prepare research briefs, sector analysis, review financial models and pitch decks)
- Join live “pitch” calls with prospective applicants and ensure key discussion points are documented
- Support with the monitoring of existing grantees to assure deliverables and milestones are achieved as per grant agreements
Through these activities, the Program Associate will develop strong analysis and communication skills, an in-depth understanding of blended finance in emerging and frontier markets, and contribute to a growing start-up in the development finance space.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Your application should include a one-page resume and a cover letter that describes your interest in development, blended finance, Convergence and your suitability for the position.