Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-04-28
Peak Power is a leading Energy Storage as a Services (“ESaaS”) provider that had developed its own proprietary software to target the most expensive hours of peak demand for both utilities and building owners. Peak had received strategic investments from the investment office of David Thomson, Chairman of Thomson Reuturs, MaRS IAF – the Province of Ontario VC Fund and the Canadian Federal Government.
Peak Power is committed to supporting the transition to low carbon economy through the Decarbonisation, Decentralization, Digitization and Democratization of the energy markets. We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a fast pace, empowering and rewarding work environment that encourages open collaboration and looking to tackle the most difficult problems in the energy sector.
The Sales Manager supports the regional growth strategy by developing prospects, advancing opportunities, determining product strategies and the solutions necessary to sell Peak Power services to various customers in the energy storage market in North America. This individual who will report to the Vice President of Sales will be the face of Peak Power in their respective market and be responsible for the entire sales cycle from early prospecting to contract negotiations and execution.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop sales analysis, identify new business opportunities and customers, and formulate proposal strategies that result in the execution of definitive near term, sales agreements.
- Development of both direct and indirect channel to market partners
- Prepare concepts, proposals, plans, and quotes in response to customer contacts.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base thus developing new opportunities for business growth.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Given the start-up stage of the business, these functions are introduced on a ‘fit for purpose’ basis driven off the near term needs of supporting existing contracts and near-term opportunities.
- 5-7 Years of relevant experience in the power industry, preferably in Sales/Business Development
- University Degree in Engineering discipline and Masters Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
- Strong analytical skills to research and analyze market and customer requirements perform technical, economic feasibility analysis / financial modeling and develop unique value proposition.
- Strong organizational positioning skills as demonstrated by pragmatic thinking and the ability to penetrate organizations, identify key decision makers, propose, negotiate and close deals with a good sense of timing and diplomacy.
- Equally strong written and presentation skills as demonstrated by ability to explain or sell a position in tough situations, compellingly deliver customer value proposition, and influence the collaboration necessary to execute on commitments and achieve customer trust.
- Proactive team oriented leader and determined achiever, he/she is at ease in a matrix environment, with a tenacious desire to drive through issues leading to successful delivery.
- Ability to multi-task with strong coordination and project management abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please submit your resumes to email address provided.