Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Server Developer (Multiple Opportunities)
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
Our Server Team uses leading edge technologies to innovate highly-concurrent, Java-based server applications that directly impact ecobee’s success. You may work on deploying applications within ecobee’s infrastructure as well as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
You will be working on various products across ecobee – the project will depend on your interest.
- Performance, unit testing, and debugging
- Writing scripts for automation
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Fully understanding and solving complex problems
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student in Computer Science, Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Experienced with using Linux systems.
- Proficient at writing programs in Java.
- Enjoys the craft of developing software.
Technical Skills: Linux, Java
Soft Skills: Curious, driven, empathetic, initiative, integrity, open, planet positive, purposeful, smart, thoughtful
Position Start Date: September 4, 2018
Position End Date: December 21, 2018
How to Apply: