Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
What You’ll Be Doing
We love our Shopify store and we want you to help us make it better for our clients. We want some custom apps for our store and we’ll need you to work with others gathering requirements. You’ll code using existing templates ensuring that everything is 100% compatible. Documentation is important and you’ll create a repository of knowledge so other developers can understand your work when we added them to the team. You’ll perform code review before deployment and provide technical review and feedback staff.
- Must have own computer and internet connectivity
- Shopify experience ideal, but not necessary
- Knowledgeable in Liquid template language and Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge in Custom Shopify APP development
- Experience in Shopify Theme development or similar templates
- Good knowledge in AJAX/JQuery
- Usage of theme‐kit or similar code push methodology experience
- One year of web development experience
- Experience working with Jira is nice to have.
If you got a computer, internet connectivity and can make voice calls, you can work from the comfort of your own home.
Flexible hours. About three to four hours of the work day is open to your personal schedule. So long as the work gets done, enjoy the freedom of flexible hours.
How to Apply: