Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-27
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Vena was founded on the belief that the technologies people know and love should always play a vital role in the way companies plan and measure the way they do business. We’ve turned loved products like Excel, Office 365, and Google Docs into an award winning, enterprise-class business solution – with workflow, data warehousing, and more – so companies can keep using the tools they love to get trusted numbers fast on any device, anywhere, any time.
That belief has paid off – Vena is doubling in size every year and today has offices on four continents with thousands of happy users across the globe.
Love your work term and make an impact
This is your opportunity to apply your knowledge at a dynamic and growing company using the latest frameworks and technologies. At Vena, you will be an integral part of our development team, responsible for supporting various components of our full-stack solution. Throughout your co-op experience, you will innovate and push technology forward, with support from the best and brightest in the industry.
Check out our team blog to learn more about the Vena internship experience, our culture, and much more: engineering.vena.io.
About our technologies
Here are some of the many technologies we use to build our software stack:
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine that makes use of Jetty, Google Guice, and Dropwizard
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, CassandraDB
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in that turns spreadsheets into a window on the customer’s data.
Does this sound like you?
- We are looking for aspiring developers who enjoy trying out the latest technologies and aren’t afraid to experiment.
- You are currently pursuing a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field
- You have a passion for technology and a focus on keeping stack current with the latest client-side tools and libraries
- You are deeply involved in the software development community (whether it be through personal projects, participation in hack days or Hackathons, or contribution to open source initiatives)
Position Start Date: September 2018
Position End Date: December 2018
How to Apply: