Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Software Developer (multiple opportunities)
Vena was founded on the belief that the technologies people know and love should be central to how companies plan and measure the way they do business. We transform Excel and Office 365 into an award winning, enterprise-class business solution with workflow, data warehousing, and more. That belief has paid off – Vena is doubling in size every year and today has offices on four continents with thousands of happy users across the globe.
Vena offers incredible opportunities for promotion and growth both within and across departments. You’ll get to work on real-world solutions! There will be opportunities to attend team outings and events to bond with their Vena teammates, management, executive staff, and other students. We are looking for individuals who want to grow, learn, and collaborate with the best and brightest that make up this fast growing organization.
The Product Development team will provide you with the opportunity to apply your knowledge at a dynamic and growing company using the latest frameworks and technologies.
We are looking for aspiring developers who enjoy trying out the latest technologies and aren’t afraid to experiment. Here are some of the many technologies we use to build our software stack:
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine that makes use of Jetty, Google Guice, and Dropwizard
- Modern data storessuch as MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure with continuous delivery of front end and server code
- A C# .NET Excel add-in that turns spreadsheets into a window on the customer’s data
- A focus on code quality through unit testing, code coverage analysis, and code reviews
- You are currently pursuing a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field
- You have a passion for technology and a focus on keeping current with the latest client-side tools and libraries.
- You are active in the community (e.g. through personal coding projects, hack days or Hackathons, or contribution to open source initiatives)
How to Apply: