Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-08-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Systems Developer (Multiple Opportunities)
Position Start Date: September 4, 2018
Position End Date: December 21, 2018
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
Our Production Engineering team runs the infrastructure and services that make ecobee a success. You may work on upgrading our firewalls and development environment infrastructure, to contributing to improving the automation of our systems.
You will be working on various products across ecobee – project will depend on your interest.
- Infrastructure engineering
- Automation of our platform
- Security and cryptography problems
- Fully understanding and solving complex problems
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student in Computer Science, Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- Experienced with using Linux systems.
- Experienced with TCP/IP networks (firewalls, switches, etc.)
- Enjoys the craft of developing software.
Technical Skills: Linux, AWS
Soft Skills: Curious, driven, empathetic, initiative, integrity, open, planet positive, purposeful, smart, thoughtful
How to Apply: