Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Ottawa
Application Deadline: 2018-11-23
Position Start Date: January 1, 2019
Position End Date: 8-12 month term
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Giatec Scientific Inc. is a knowledge-based company that brings IoT to the construction industry. In simple terms, we have incorporated smart technology and application software into everyday concrete testing practices. Giatec offers a dynamic environment for motivated team-players to be involved in a wide range of activities. There are NO boundaries for you to grow in our team and we encourage employees to take risks and try new initiatives. Our company is doubling in revenue year after year with exports to more than 70 countries, and we are looking for energetic and driven people to join our team and be a part of this success.
At Giatec we are looking for the right people — people who are creative and passionate with high level of integrity. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for Giatec, one of the most innovative companies in concrete industry. Working in over 70 countries ranging from small sized companies to multi-national conglomerates, you will gain experience working in a diverse environment.
- Collaborating with the Cloud development team for delivering the best product and user experience to our clients
- Developing and testing in Python/Django/Postgres for the backend
- Developing and testing Angular2+ code for the frontend
- Designing visual materials for the frontend (Optional)
- Writing/testing/optimizing docker-based microservices
- Participating in scrum meeting
- Getting involved in CI/CD processes
As a Web Developer for Giatec, you will be responsible for excellent teamwork and collaboration. You will work closely with the Cloud development team to deliver the best product and user experience to our clients.
Area of study:
College or undergraduate in Computer Science
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficiency in English language.
- Experience in Python programming
- Knowledge of RESTful apps
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git
- 1+ year programming in Django web framework (optional)
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate
How to Apply: