Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-08-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Web developer (multiple opportunities)
Position Start Date: September 1, 2018
Position End Date: December 31, 2018
Trainer+ is a fitness management tool for gyms and trainers that changes how they deliver personal training through technology. The web and mobile platform closes the feedback loop between trainers and their clients around all of the relevant fitness information, creating new ways for fitness support to be delivered both in-person and online. This not only creates new services within fitness, but helps organizations extend their fitness services into new extended healthcare markets.
As a growing tech company, the learning opportunity at Trainer Plus is one to work in a fast paced, agile environment, where students will be asked to own an area of responsibility, but also contribute in other areas where needed. Students will have an opportunity to learn modern product development operations, how to manage their responsibilities with team tools, how to contribute and communicate in a team project, demonstrating work, product testing and user support. Given the nature of our software, students will also have an opportunity to learn about the fitness industry and work with a trainer on their own fitness program.
This position is focused on supporting the Trainer+ Enterprise platform. This is a version of the web and mobile platform that is aimed at fitness organizations and gyms. It consists of multiple mobile apps and a web app, along with exercise content and a website to support.
- Post-graduate diploma in web or mobile development, engineering
- Previous experience working as part of a development team
- Intermediate level of coding skills (Pass a technical test, object-oriented programming, experience with MVC and frameworks)
- Experience with RESTful webservices and jQuery
- Working knowledge of ReactJS
- Experience developing web applications and websites
- Familiarity with UI/UX and product/user testing
- Some experience with MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of python (Django) and experience using Bitbucket is a bonus
- Experience working in agile environments
- Confident in learning new things and tenacious at solving problems
- A solid communicator willing to share what you’re doing and get input from others
- Able to continuously re-prioritize and adapt to change
- Previous design experience or familiarity with Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch is a bonus
How to Apply: