Position Role: Development
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-07-02
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Web Developer (Multiple Opportunities)
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
Our Web team here is based around constantly pushing each other to learn new ideas, new frameworks and concepts. Everyone has a voice and every opinion is valued. Our team firmly believes in a thoughtful and well-planned development cycle and we live by: iterate, refactor, rewrite. In other words, no throwing code over the fence.
Students will work on various products across ecobee – the project will depend on your interests.
Role Description (under 150 words):
- We decide on the direction we take in terms of technology and implementation.
- Each member is free to choose their own tools for development.
- We have a relaxed view on coding style allowing for individual expression and style.
- Work with Cross-Functional teams (UI/UX designer, PM, QA) to create mockups, prototypes and proof of concepts
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate Computer Science student
- Experience developing interactive web applications
- Natural sense of curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
Soft Skills: Curious, driven, empathetic, initiative, integrity, open, planet positive, purposeful, smart, thoughtful
Position Start Date: September 4, 2018
Position End Date: December 21, 2018
How to Apply: