Customer Development Immersive
Think about your customer.
Our 6-week course addresses a core challenge a founder faces—understanding and talking with customers.
It’s designed for emerging business leaders and innovators that want a masterclass in customer development.
Our next cohort starts June 18, 2018.
June 18 – July 23 | $100
If you are a member of a Regional Innovation Centre, this course requires a refundable deposit of $100. In order to receive a refund, you must meet these requirements: you have completed 100% of the course materials on our learning platform; you have attended 3 out of 5 master classes; you have completed the post-survey by August 10th, 2018 (within 2 weeks of the end of the course).
If you are a member of the public, the cost of this course is $100.
What you'll get
• Over 20 video lessons from Canada’s top entrepreneurs and subject-matter experts
• Workbook exercises each week
• Total of 60 hours, 10 hours of learning a week, fit around your schedule
• Feedback on your value proposition
• Five live, online master classes
• Access to the MaRS CDI community on Slack
• Continued help post-course
• Certificate of Completion
Module one (10 hours + master class 1)
Understand your customer’s problem and learn how to effectively frame the value you will deliver.
Module two (10 hours + master class 2)
Delve into the Customer Development Process, learning the process of testing and validating your assumptions.
Module three (10 hours + master class 3)
Create and refine your script to interview customers.
Module four (10 hours)
Analyze the customer data you’ve collected and extract relevant insights.
Module five (10 hours + master class 4)
Conduct real-life customer interviews and understand who your customer is.
Module six (10 hours + master class 5)
Craft your value proposition to effectively communicate your value to customers.
*Master class dates determined upon cohort’s availability.
What you'll learn
• Develop your value proposition with feedback from experts
• Identify your target customer and understand their day-in-the-life
• Create a problem-interview script to start talking to customers
• Conduct over 20 interviews with actual customers to understand who you’re targeting
• Develop a system to organize and analyze data from interviews to gain insights
You’ll make real progress in 6 weeks.
Our course is practical, unlike other programs we focus on tactics that (if done right) will accelerate the growth of your company. We carefully curated proven methods to help you understand your customers.
We’re here to support you.
Weekly live, online sessions and access to our online Slack community of entrepreneurs from around the world, understanding your target customer together.
We move fast.
This isn’t your average course on customer development. We connected experts with deep experience from these fields. We’ll help you get out and talk to your customers and understand their needs.
Let’s advance the world together.
MaRS has accelerated the growth of thousands of young companies since we got started in 2005 whose technologies and solutions meaningfully improve lives everyday. Potential unlimited.
More questions? Get in touch.