Recruitment and Selection Strategies for Building a Strong Team – MaRS Best Practices
Margo Crawford, President & CEO, Business Sherpa.
The key to the success of any company is building the right team at the right time, but the process of finding, recruiting and selecting the group who will be ‘on the bus’ through the journey can be one of the least planned out and executed activities in a start-up, often leaving companies having to rein in headcount, or reduce burn and critical gaps in their team at a later stage. In this session you will learn the principles of recruitment and selection as well as practical approaches for early stage companies including critical tips and pitfalls to avoid along with a set of lessons learned from years of supporting start-up companies.
- Independent contractor agreement: Sample template
- Allocating stock options for an employee stock option plan (ESOP)
- Capital structure that attracts investors to your tech startup
- Recruitment for startups: Screening job candidates
- Job rejection letter sample for unsuccessful candidates