The Ten Laws of Love and Power: Theory and practice of social change – MaRS Global Leadership
Despite their seemingly contradictory basis, power – being linked to the drive for self-realization, and love – linked to the drive to reunite the separated, the two are complementary. As Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. stated, “Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic.”
But how do you align power and love? And how do you work to solve social challenges with groups of people that may bring to the table different quantities of power and love?
Watch Adam Kahane speak about his book, Power and Love: A Theory and Practice of Social Change, in which he delves into the dual natures of power and love, exploring their subtle and intricate interplay.
MaRS – Building Canada’s next generation of global technology companies. www.marsdd.com
- Identifying target customers for a social enterprise
- What do funders and investors want from social enterprises?
- Social Enterprise business models
- Competitive strategies in operational excellence, customer intimacy and product leadership
- Career planning and development: Meeting business and employee needs