Digital media superstars: Enter now for your shot at the moon!
Calling all Canadian digital media entrepreneurs! Now’s your chance to shoot for the moon and be recognized nationally for your innovative product.
Nominations are now open for the Canadian Digital Media Network’s (CDMN) inaugural Moonshot Awards, established to recognize Canadian companies that create jobs and wealth for Canada through innovation in digital media (IT, communications and entertainment [ICE] and mobile). Why “moonshot” exactly? The awards are designed to acknowledge leading companies that contribute to the CDMN moonshot goal—that anyone can do anything online by 2017.
An expert panel of judges will evaluate the nominees and determine the winners:
- Kevin Newman, host of CTV’s Question Period; correspondent for CTV’s W5; digital news evangelist and founder of New Man Media
- Terry Stuart, Deloitte Canada’s chief innovation officer
- Sid Paquette, Director at OMERS Ventures
- April Dunford, RocketScope managing director and founder
- Dr. Kevin Tuer, CDMN’s managing director
The awards will be presented in four categories:
Recognizing the three Canadian finalists that demonstrate the greatest increase in productivity through the adoption of digital media.
Recognizing the three Canadian finalists that demonstrate the greatest increase in international sales, investments or other contributions to the growth of the Canadian digital media industry internationally.
Recognizing the three Canadian finalists that demonstrate the greatest degree of innovation through the adoption of digital media.
Recognizing the Canadian company that made the greatest contributions to the growth of the Canadian digital media industry in 2012/2013, selected from entrants to the CDMN Digital Media Innovator, Globalizer and Dynamic award categories.
Rules and deadlines
Any Canadian company is welcome to apply; self-nominations are also welcome. Nominations close at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 12, 2013. Finalists will gain entry at an unpublished discounted rate to CDMN Canada 3.0 2013 to attend the awards ceremony on May 14, 2013.
Fur further details and to apply, visit www.canada30.ca/awards.
Jennifer Marron is the Community Manager for MaRS. Prior to joining MaRS, Jennifer spent four consecutive years working at telecommunications startups in communications, marketing and PR. Her writing has appeared in The National Post, Techvibes, IT Business, CWTA Magazine and Rouge. Follow her @J_Marron. See more…
- Hacker, hustler and designer: Building the tech team
- The seven-step go-to-market strategy
- How ingestible sensors and smart pills will revolutionize healthcare
- This week’s top jobs in the innovation community
- Upcoming events in the innovation community