Now accepting applications for Embedded Executive Funding program
Are you driving hard toward a growth milestone in the next few months? Maybe you’re getting ready to raise new capital or you’re working on growing sales. Perhaps you’re trying to land partners or you’re just figuring out the right go-to-market approach. While you may have a healthy environment of advisors and mentors surrounding you, what you really need is an expert to jump into the team. We got you.
The Business Acceleration Program at MaRS has opened another round of Embedded Executive Funding. We match senior executives with Ontario-based technology ventures to help them achieve their next growth milestones, granting up to $50,000 toward the executive’s salary over the Embedded Executive program’s six-month period.*
Since 2012, we have helped over 70 ventures to engage senior talent to help drive them toward a growth milestone.
Ventures have used the funding to:
- increase sales by engaging a vice-president of sales to help them achieve revenue targets and to improve the quality of sales by allocating a resource to help shorten sales cycles;
- build marketing and partner channels by engaging a chief marketing officer with the experience and connections required to build the right networks and to enter new markets; and
- raise funding by engaging a vice-president of business development or fractional chief financial officer to reposition their offerings and improve their opportunities for investment.
Embedded Executive Funding is best for startups that are at a later discovery stage of development or that are approaching the validation or efficiency stages. This year, we’ll fund 20 high-growth ventures from across Ontario working in the information and communications technology, digital media, health, cleantech and advanced manufacturing sectors.
Applications also require a referral from a Regional Innovation Centre or from a MaRS Venture Services advisor. Visit the program page for full details on eligibility, program requirements and how to submit your application.
Applications are now open and will close on June 29.
- June 29: Applications close
- July to September: Application review period
- October 15 to April 15: Contract period
* Includes the cost of HST. Successful applicants are also required to contribute $15,000 (or 30% of the amount requested) toward the executive’s salary during the program period. Please visit the Embedded Executive Funding website for more information.