Jon E Worren is the Entrepreneur in Residence and responsible for content strategy for MaRS Entrepreneurship Programs, Canada’s largest non-academic provider of entrepreneurship education. Jon plays an essential role in analysing entrepreneurship practices and creating tools and resources that help both entrepreneurs and their advisors to be more successful. His entrepreneurship workshops and advisor Master Classes, have been delivered to more than 5,000 participants across Canada. Prior to joining MaRS, Jon spent 12 years in strategy, marketing and business development roles including his time as co-founder of renewable energy advisory firm ClearSky Advisors as well as working in Europe, US and Canada with Gartner Inc. Jon was part of two software startups in Europe in the financial services sector, one that had its IPO on the Oslo Stock Exchange in 2000.
Jon is also an instructor in Entrepreneurship at University of Toronto Continuing Studies. He holds a Master of Science in Media & Communication from London School of Economics and a Master of Science in Business and Economics from the Norwegian School of Management.
Articles by Jon Worren
- Why Google’s new Alphabet is a corporate game-changer
- An entrepreneur’s journey: Jon Worren
- Great idea. But how are you going to make money on that?
- Athletes (and startups) turn to crowdfunding to raise money
- Is entrepreneurship the new black?
- Crowdfunding and lean startups
- Move from business idea to business model with two new workbooks
- Key concepts in technology marketing
- InterSolar U.S. 2009 (Part II): Solar marketing trends
- InterSolar U.S. (Part I): What was of interest to start-ups in Ontario?