This position is offered in part by the MaRS Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Organization Overview:Think Dirty® is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. We educate consumers about the potential toxic ingredients and empowers consumers to make the safest and healthiest choices. Encourage them to vote with their money for the most socially and environmentally responsible manufacturers. Think Dirty is the winner of Mastercard Women Entrepreneurship Competition, a DMZ alumni company, it's also name as one of the Top 25 SheEO Ventures, MaRS JOLT and CFC Ideaboost. Think Dirty was named the best beauty apps by Refinery29 and Brit+ Co. It was also featured on O Magazine, Fast Company, NPR, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Today's Show and Consumer's Report. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals like you to join a great cause for consumers and beauty enthusiasts alike. Would that be you? Ever wonder what goes on the long list of chemicals on the back of your shampoo or shaving cream? Did you know they could be hormone disruptors (aka fertility killer)? Join us to bring back the power to consumers by promoting ingredient transparency and disrupt the billion dollars cosmetic industry! We are building an exciting tool for consumers and trust-based marketing platform for independent brands to showcase their ingredients. Work closely with the founding team and be part of a face-paced environment building something truly matters for women’s health. We’re looking for a data scientist to analyze the rich data to uncover way to continue the mission of promoting ingredient transparency.
Project Description:We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Minimum Qualifications:3rd or 4th year student enrolled in a program at an accredited University focusing on Computer Science or coding school.
Technical Skills Required:Proficient in SQL, R, Python, Tableau
Soft Skills Required:
- An independent, fast-learning, self starter who takes ownership over solving ambiguous problems
- Energetic, passionate (does not matter about what!), and driven
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Looking to make a difference to change the world!