Celebrating young innovators
Do you know an innovative young leader? Spring is here, and it’s time for students to apply for the Millennium Excellence Awards.
These scholarships reward leaders who are contributing to Canada’s future. It is so important to encourage and celebrate innovation in young leaders. Our future lies in the hands of these up and coming brilliant young minds working hard for the greater good. They’re the next generation of MaRtians, your future employees, or maybe the head of Canada’s next big innovation success story.
Recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Demonstrated positive and verifiable service to the community
- Academic achievement
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated interest in innovation
The Canadian Millennium Scholarship Foundation created ancillary programs to enable recipients to maintain their commitment and contribution. The programs include:
- Laureate Chapters at post-secondary institutions across Canada
- An online community
- Mentorship, conferences and internships
- An application-based grants program
Deadline for applications is May 15, 2008.
- Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation – Read more about previous winners, news and research initiatives
- The federal Conservative government is implementing a new grants program to replace the Millennium Excellence Awards in 2009-10. The new $350 million Canada Student Grant Program will help 100,000 more students than are currently served by the Millennium Scholarships. Read more: “Grant program replaces Millennium Scholarships,” The Star
- Neither a moment nor a mind to waste – Proceedings of the international conference held in Toronto April 6-8, 2008, held by the Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation on increasing participation rates in colleges, universities and technical institutes by under-represented groups