Susan McGill is the head of the Consumer & Commerce cluster at MaRS and the co-founder & executive director of JOLT. She’s a startup mentor and advocate for innovation. A builder of technology companies and brands, Sue has advised and been actively involved in over 200 startups in the emerging technology space, with hands-on experience at DWL (acquired by IBM), MySpace and JUICE Mobile. Throughout her career, Sue has lived in Silicon Valley and Toronto, and has worked as an executive in major public companies, including CanWest, Yahoo! and RIM. For the past two years, she has been driving MaRS’ efforts in the consumer mobile, social and web space. She sits on the advisory boards of several leading Canadian startups and runs JOLT as Executive Director.
Articles by Sue McGill
- Why brands should take the long view of consumer habits
- Overcoming the challenges female founders face in the tech industry
- Introducing JOLT’s fall 2013 cohort
- Introducing JOLT’s six new startups
- Introducing: JOLT’s inaugural summer 2012 cohort
- JOLT, a new accelerator where creativity, culture and execution drive innovation