Toronto-area cleantech companies target influential Boston forum
Toronto, September 9, 2009 – Toronto-area cleantech companies are front-and-centre this week at Cleantech Forum XXIII in Boston.
MaRS is leading a delegation of five cleantech ventures — all clients of MaRS advisory services — that will showcase their innovative products for active investors and influencers in the cleantech space.
Themed The Second Cleantech Investment Boom: Aligning Entrepreneurship and Innovation with Government Stimulus, Cleantech Forum XXIII, held September 8-10 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, is strongly focused on government programs, given that policy-makers around the world have pledged billions of dollars in capital to further develop and implement clean technologies.
The east coast forum brings together CEOs, investors, scientists, policy-makers and other industry pioneers to drive demand for and open cleantech markets.
For MaRS’ growing roster of cleantech clients, this year’s Cleantech Forum is an ideal opportunity to pitch their innovations, connect with key influencers and propel their companies forward in this rapidly expanding and dynamic market.
“While cleantech is a relatively new sector for MaRS advisory services, it is fast catching up with our other core strengths in information technologies and life sciences,” said Tom Rand, a cleantech entrepreneur, author and investor who leads MaRS’ cleantech practice. “MaRS is establishing itself as a major deal-flow engine in the cleantech sector, with an emphasis on early-stage companies.”
The presenting companies offer innovations across a range of disciplines, with impacts on green energy, water and air quality.
The Ontario companies attending are:
- Alternative Fuels Corp. (deriving energy from waste): www.alternativefuelscorp.com
- Nimtech (eco-friendly chemical process control): www.nim-tech.com
- Real Tech Inc. (organic water testing): www.realtech.ca
- Skymeter Corp. (pay-as-you-drive GPS metering): www.skymetercorp.com
- Vicicog (efficient wind turbine transmission systems): www.vicicog.com
The forum offers delegates opportunities to:
- Explore the latest developments in climate change and resource scarcity that are driving markets for clean technologies;
- Measure the current global economic climate and its relationship to cleantech;
- Gain access to capital and industry pioneers;
- Network and learn from cleantech pioneering innovators, corporates and investors.
MaRS Discovery District (www.marsdd.com) is a large scale, mission driven innovation centre located in Toronto and networked across Ontario, focused on building Canada’s next generation of technology companies. MaRS works closely with entrepreneurs to grow and scale their ventures into global market leaders in life sciences and health care, information, communications and digital media technologies, cleantech, advanced materials and engineering, as well as innovative social purpose business.
For more information, contact:
MaRS Discovery District