MaRS announces Impact Health 2022
Health innovators from around the world return to Canada’s top healthcare innovation conference, May 25 to May 27, 2022.
MaRS Impact Health is presented in partnership with Takeda, adMare BioInnovations, iGan Partners, Global Affairs Canada, Switzerland Global Enterprise and UHN.
TORONTO, May 3, 2022 — Today, MaRS announced the program for its second annual health innovation event, MaRS Impact Health. The three-day conference, held in-person and virtually, features talks, demos, debates and bold ideas from some of the world’s greatest thinkers and business leaders in health sciences. The event will take place from May 25 to May 27, 2022, at the MaRS Centre in downtown Toronto. It will bring together over 100 global health experts, including biotech leaders Pieter Cullis and Katalin Karikó, known for their groundbreaking work in mRNA, which helped create the pandemic’s COVID-19 vaccines.
“MaRS Impact Health 2022 will bring together some of the best innovators, founders and startups to highlight what’s happening in health innovation in Canada and around the world,” says Amol Deshpande, senior director, health sciences, MaRS. “The event will allow us to come together in-person for the first time in two years to celebrate many of the country’s greatest solutions and the individuals behind them.”
MaRS Impact Health covers three main themes:
- Innovation — Hear from the thought leaders behind the latest technologies and trends via lightning talks, live panels and demos
- Business — Gain insight from health and biotech investors leading the unprecedented boom in Canada’s life sciences industry
- Transformation — Learn how healthcare providers, industry insiders and governments are looking to transform practices, procedures and infrastructure in a post-COVID-19 world.
In-person tickets are $399 and virtual tickets are $149. Both options include:
- Access to three days of panel discussions and talks on the future of biotech in Canada, building medical device ventures, the convergence of science and business, and how to support health innovation from a V.C.’s perspective, as well as venture showcases from some of the future companies in digital health, medical devices and biotech
- Connections to extraordinary speakers, world-leading scientists, investors, innovators and entrepreneurs
- Presentations from top Canadian ventures finding innovative ways to improve healthcare
- Networking with CEOs, founders and thought leaders
About MaRS Impact Health
MaRS Impact Health features the most promising companies and discoveries solving today’s biggest health challenges. Meet the brilliant minds improving healthcare on a global scale: entrepreneurs, investors, academics, clinicians and policymakers.
Learn more and register for MaRS Impact Health 2022 at https://impacthealth.marsdd.com
MaRS is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. A registered non-profit, MaRS supports high-growth startups and scale-ups tackling key issues in health, cleantech, fintech and other sectors. In addition, MaRS convenes all members of the tech ecosystem to drive breakthrough discoveries, grow the economy and make an impact by solving real problems for real people — in Canada and around the world.