MaRS Impact Week announced
The inaugural online impact event runs from November 30 to December 4, 2020
100+ inspiring speakers and thought leaders across 60+ sessions that explore the most pressing innovation and technology challenges of our time
TELUS announced as title sponsor for MaRS Impact Week
TORONTO, October 13, 2020 — MaRS announced today the first-ever MaRS Impact Week — five days of immersive online events, can’t-miss conversations, informative breakouts and more.
“Our world is facing enormous challenges — inequality, unemployment and a climate crisis, all exacerbated by a devastating pandemic.” said Yung Wu, CEO of MaRS. “But let’s also be clear, right now we have a moment of heightened urgency and low inertia in which to embrace bold solutions for positive change. MaRS Impact Week will investigate game changing solutions that are imperative to get to global scale now.”
“With today’s unprecedented social and economic changes, world-leading innovators from Canada’s business community are poised to make a difference,” said Jill Schnarr, Chief Communications Officer, TELUS. “At TELUS, we know that doing good in our communities is integral to doing well in business, and working with MaRS, we are excited to connect and support other business leaders who are using their core business to positively impact some of the world’s most pressing issues like homelessness, climate change, healthcare, and social inequality.”
MaRS Impact Week will tackle topics ranging from future cities and climate moonshots to the role of capitalism in generating societal impact via three content streams:
- Impact: Explore big ideas via inspiring talks from leaders in tech, innovation and impact sectors.
- Social finance: Learn from visionaries who are reshaping markets for social good.
- Cleantech: Discover the future of cleantech, with a focus on scaling innovations poised to achieve meaningful global impact.
Tickets are $99 until November 9, 2020 and include:
- Access to more than 36 hours of content across five days with topics that include rebuilding the economy, remote work, climate moonshots, talent migration, new innovation hubs, cities post-pandemic, women in cleantech, impact investing and more.
- Leading thinkers David Frum, Margaret O’Mara and Thomas Homer-Dixon, with more to be announced soon
- Investor and B2B pitch sessions for startup attendees
- Workshops and interactive breakout sessions
- Networking with CEOs and founders
Visit impactweek.marsdd.com to register and learn more.
MaRS Impact Week is grateful to its title sponsor: TELUS, presenting sponsors: NRCan and Scotiabank and program sponsors: Sustainable Development Technology Canada, Export Development Canada, Business Development Bank of Canada and Global Affairs Canada.
MaRS is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. A registered non-profit, MaRS supports high-growth startups and scale-ups tackling key issues in health, cleantech, fintech and other sectors. In addition, MaRS convenes all members of the tech ecosystem to drive breakthrough discoveries, grow the economy and make an impact by solving real problems for real people — in Canada and around the world.