MaRS launches COVID-19 coalition: Canadian ventures responding to the COVID-19 crisis
TORONTO, April 1, 2020 –– Today, MaRS launched the MaRS COVID-19 Coalition, a group of dedicated Canadian startups that are innovating products and services in the face of COVID-19.
The coalition includes companies that have pivoted or are focusing their resources on producing equipment and protective gear, or offering services ranging from telehealth to online education platforms.
“The tech and innovation community is answering the government’s call to urgently find solutions to the coronavirus pandemic,” said Jane Kearns, vice president of Growth Services at MaRS. “Canadian startups are pivoting to help combat COVID-19, providing health, cleantech and software solutions.”
Support the fight: Can your company provide emergency supplies or innovative products?
- Add your startup to the MaRS COVID-19 Coalition.
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) is helping to get products and services related to COVID-19 to market by identifying innovative technologies, small to mid-sized enterprises and experts from across Ontario that can help fill gaps.
- The government of Ontario is welcoming help from businesses, researchers and organizations who can supply emergency products and innovative solutions to COVID-19. Complete the submission form if your product or service is procurement-ready and you are able to meet their call to action.
- The federal government is seeking businesses that can support Canada’s response to COVID-19. The National Research Council of Canada is also working with partners to find solutions to the coronavirus outbreak.
- If you are an investor or represent a corporation or manufacturer and want to partner with a Canadian startup or procure their services, please contact: email@example.com
MaRS is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. A registered non-profit, MaRS supports high-growth startups and scale-ups tackling key issues in health, cleantech, fintech and other sectors. In addition, MaRS convenes all members of the tech ecosystem to drive breakthrough discoveries, grow the economy and make an impact by solving real problems for real people — in Canada and around the world.