MaRS Impact Health 2021 to feature Mariana Mazzucato, Derrick Rossi and more than 50 Canadian health startups
Canada’s leading conference for scaling health innovation will take place virtually on June 22 and 23, 2021, in collaboration with iGan Partners, Boehringer Ingelheim, Silicon Valley Bank, Switzerland Global Enterprise and UHN
TORONTO, May 31, 2021 — MaRS is excited to announce the lineup at its inaugural MaRS Impact Health event. Speakers taking the stage include Mariana Mazzucato, “one of the most influential economists in the world,” according to Wired; Derrick Rossi, co-founder of Moderna; Molly Shoichet, Ontario’s first chief scientist; Christina Farr, journalist turned health tech investor; André Picard, health columnist and author, as well as more than 50 startup leaders from across Canada.
“COVID has triggered massive change across the healthcare industry, rapid innovation adoption and an investment boom,” says Yung Wu, CEO of MaRS. “With the sector at a historic inflection point, MaRS Impact Health is assembling top experts and innovators to address some of the critical questions facing healthcare today and explore the breakthrough solutions that will define the future of healthcare.”
Canada’s health startups are having a moment, says Sam Ifergan, founder and managing partner at iGan Partners, and there’s a lot of potential for growth. “Advances in digital health, biotechnology, imaging and diagnostic devices are putting our ecosystem in the spotlight,” he says. “MaRS Impact Health provides a platform to showcase the technologies that are transforming patient care.”
MaRS Impact Health will showcase cutting-edge health solutions across digital health, medical devices and therapeutics via three content streams:
- Innovation: Hear from the entrepreneurs and innovators behind the latest technologies and trends at lightning talks, live panels and demonstrations.
- Business: Gain insight on the boom in funding for health ventures, regional hotspots for health innovation and the state of the market in Canada from leading health investors.
- Transformation: Learn how healthcare providers, industry insiders and government are looking to transform practices, procedures and infrastructure in a post-COVID world.
Tickets are $100 until June 21, 2021 and include:
- Access to more than 10 hours of events, panel discussions and talks across two days including: investor perspectives on what’s next in health innovation; technologies driving the future of healthcare; the story behind mRNA; efforts to boost the life science talent pipeline; innovations transforming women’s health; a spotlight on Canada’s new health unicorns and more.
- Extraordinary speakers: world-leading scientists, investors, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Presentations from top Canadian ventures finding innovative ways to address pain, diagnose disease, provide care and design new therapeutics.
- Networking with CEOs and founders.
Visit http://impacthealth.marsdd.com to register and learn more.
MaRS is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. A registered non-profit, MaRS supports high-growth startups and scale-ups tackling key issues in health, cleantech, fintech and other sectors. In addition, MaRS convenes all members of the tech ecosystem to drive breakthrough discoveries, grow the economy and make an impact by solving real problems for real people — in Canada and around the world.