The Advanced Energy Centre offers partnerships to a wide range of stakeholders who are contributing to the evolution of the energy industry in diverse and unique ways.
Our partner network includes utilities, corporations, innovators, systems operators, small and medium enterprises and government entities and is one of the main vehicles we use to deliver value.
By joining the AEC as a partner, you’ll be helping push the pace of innovation in the sector. AEC Partners benefit from:
CONNECTING WITH OTHER LEADING PLAYERS
As a neutral third party sitting at the intersection between utilities, startups, industry and government entities, the AEC is well positioned to connect all industry stakeholders.
RECEIVING EXPERT INSIGHTS AND CURATED INTRODUCTIONS TO NEW TECHNOLOGIES
Through exposure to the innovative companies at MaRS, as well as access to leading market insights, the AEC ensures that our partners have a direct line-of-sight to the disruptive technologies that could potentially pose a threat or an opportunity to themselves or their clients.
REMOVING BARRIERS TO INNOVATION
The AEC understands the barriers to innovation, provides scalable solutions and creates the conditions for widespread adoption. From the technologies disrupting across multiple industries, like blockchain and artificial intelligence, to insight on the future of work, we can leverage the greater MaRS ecosystem to support our partners’ innovation needs.
Partners have access to the following:
TECH TRENDS REPORTS
- Concise, quarterly reports that keep you up-to-date on energy sector technology trends.
- A room-sized business strategy board game, designed to help organizations align on the need for change in the face of a rapidly transitioning sector. Read more…
INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
- Engage in the co-development of thought leadership, and advise on steering committees for our reports and events.
- Access to AEC expertise through speaking engagements at partner events or organizations.
PARTNERSHIP COUNCIL MEETINGS AND OTHER PARTNER ONLY EVENTS
- Connect regularly with other AEC partners to strengthen relationships and collectively learn about emerging technologies and sector trends.
EVENT AND PROGRAMMING DISCOUNTS
- In addition to discounts on AEC programming and events, enjoy a reduced price for event space at MaRS Discovery District.
BRAND ALIGNMENT WITH ENERGY INNOVATION
- Be profiled on the MaRS AEC website, as well as our new website – Energy Innovation Snapshot. We also highlight our partnership network at the 50+ keynote addresses we deliver every year.
Partners also have the option to expand beyond this core value, customize their partnerships and include additional AEC offerings.
For more information about the AEC’s partnership opportunities, contact our Director of Partnerships, Kathleen Kauth email@example.com
MaRS’ Advanced Energy Centre helped us deliver what was probably the best strategic offsite we’ve ever had.
— Doug McMahon, VP Strategy, New York Power Authority
The AEC is our innovation partner. As the disruption in our industry continues to build, they help us think about future risk and strategy through curated market intelligence and introductions to new technologies.
— Lance Jefferies, Chief Electricity Distribution Officer, Hydro Ottawa