The fastest growing tech hub has discovered a new neighbourhood
This is MaRS Waterfront: a brand new workspace concept for high-tech innovators. In partnership with the University of Toronto and Menkes, MaRS Waterfront provides the work, meeting and event space that a founder needs to grow their company.
Toronto’s waterfront is the world’s newest smart-city district — where digital connectivity meets accessible neighbourhoods that achieve environmental sustainability targets, transit networks and urban lifestyle.
A one-stop-shop for innovation success.
Housed within the 400,000 sq. ft. Waterfront Innovation Centre by Menkes, MaRS Waterfront will offer leading and emerging innovators a unique place to meet and collaborate with great people; to do deep-dive work in an inspiring setting; and to build your company from vision to reality. It’s also the ideal place to host an event, network with peers and get the world to take notice of your innovations.
- 400,000 square feet of offices, meeting rooms, event space and retail
- Floor to ceiling windows for natural light
- Nexus event space with soaring ceilings, striking waterfront views, two amphitheatre-style seating areas, conference rooms and outdoor terraces
- Ground floor retail and flagship restaurants
- Ultra-high-speed broadband networking
- Network of private, semi-public and public spaces
- Ground-level and rooftop patios for fresh air and beautiful views
Flexible workspace powered by MaRS and University of Toronto Entrepreneurship
- 55,000 square feet over two floors
- On-site MaRS advisors
- MaRS events and programming
- Client-facing areas
- Meeting and boardrooms with leading technology
- Deep-work spaces
- Lounge areas
- Phone booths
- Member kitchens
- Printing technology
- Cafe outdoor terrace via the Nucleus, and two outdoor terraces via the Nexus
- Hot desks: access to dozens of desks based on your needs in a shared space
- Dedicated desks for teams: your own desk in a shared space
- Private offices: spaces for your growing team ranging from 930 to 2,300 square feet
- Modular furniture: stylish and flexible gear
- Lots of natural light
- Enterprise-grade fibre internet connection
- In-house I.T. team with enterprise focus
- On-site A.V. team for in-person, virtual and hybrid events
- Individual temperature control zones through adjustable floor diffusers
- Event spaces and collaborative open work spaces
The Nexus: A space for community, programmed and curated by MaRS
Tenants and the local community will come together in this all-in-one lounge, event and conference space. Expect an exciting mix of symposiums, panel discussions, demo days and more. The space includes two amphitheatres, outdoor terraces, three conference rooms and private meeting rooms.
Interested in hosting and programming opportunities at the Nexus?
“Every entrepreneur needs peers to relate. I fell a lot over the course of my journey; MaRS and Toronto’s innovation community helped pick me up.”
– Joshua Wong, President and CEO, Opus One Solutions
Member, MaRS Momentum
“Being a MaRS tenant means more than just taking up space. It’s about being part of a community with a mission. And it’s been an ideal place to scale our company as we strive to make a positive impact on the world.”
– Annette Verschuren, MaRS Chair, MaRS Centre Tenant (NRStor)
See you on the waterfront
MaRS Waterfront opens Spring 2022. If you want to work with us, or are exploring exciting space options for your growing company, no matter what stage you’re at, please reach out:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-673-8200