13 Mar 2015
#ICYMI: MaRS venture news for February 2015
Despite February being a short month, it held some big news and great media coverage for our ventures.
- Online lending platform FundThrough raised $2.2 million.
- OTI Lumionics was awarded $5.7 million from Sustainable Development Technology Canada to produce energy-efficient lighting solutions.
- Axonify secured a multi-million-dollar deal that will see its e-learning platform used by more than 70,000 employees of a large American grocery retailer.
- JOLT’s PostBeyond launched a new enterprise Employee Advocacy Platform to help companies grow their brands.
- Nudge Rewards appointed Mike Amos, founder and former CEO of Empathica, as its chief strategy officer.
- Aetna partnered with Newtopia to add price transparency to iTriage.
- MaRS Innovation’s Whirlscape, Figure 1 and Nymi were profiled in the Inc. article “8 Canadian startups to watch out for in 2015.”
- Vanhawks was featured in the Toronto Star.
- Uniiverse became Universe and opened an office in San Francisco.
- Giveffect was profiled by TechCrunch.
- Rent frock Repeat was profiled on “The Marilyn Denis Show” during a segment on the sharing economy by tech guru Amber MacArthur.
- eSight appeared on Discovery Channel’s “Daily Planet.”
- Synaptive Medical was featured in the Fast Company article “New technology helps surgeons better map the brain.”